Women & PEACE Studies Organization (WPSO-Afghanistan) is a non-profit, non-government, non-political, non-partisan Afghan organization which was conceptualized in 2012 and formally established in 2015. WPSO has been working with a growing network of local women peacebuilders all over Afghanistan called the Local Women Peacebuilders Network since 2012. The engagement included providing capacity building, advocacy, mobilization and leadership training, mentoring and coaching and also platforms for local conflict resolution and also impacting the national and international peace processes. There are around 200 women and men as part of the members from all over the country.
- Support to the Local Women Peacebuilders Networks in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan
- Providing humanitarian support for female headed households
- Self-Help Groups to empower women and girls in communities
- Psychosocial support to improve mental wellbeing of women and families
- Community dialogues on addressing the societal challenges
WPSO-Afghanistan is managed independently by the Board of Directors, Director and Senior Management Team based in Afghanistan with technical & fundraising support from members outside the country.
- Women Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL and ICAN)
- Afghan Women Network-AWN
- Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief & Development-ACBAR
Promoting knowledge and efforts for inclusive peace and development in Afghanistan.
WPSO strives to create opportunities and knowledge about women & girls in general and women peacebuilders in grassroots, empower capacities, and support research and advocacy that will improve the situation of women, girls and children in communities.
1. Community engagement.
2. Women in education & development.
3. Women in local peacebuilding & conflict resolution.